Ask Family Related Questions
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Genealogy Research and other Genealogy topics.
What Questions Should I Ask My Family?
When doing your family genealogy try to remember to ask as many family members as possible as many questions as possible. This will give you a huge amount of information to use in your search. Some good questions to ask are:
- Where were you born?
- Where specifically did you live when you were growing up?
- Where did you like living the best?
- What schools did you attend?
- What year did you graduate from high school?
- Did you attend college? If so, what dates and where?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- When did you get married?
- Who was in your wedding?
- Where did you honeymoon?
- Where did you live after marriage?
The important thing to remember is to ask several questions for everyone and to get dates for everything. Having the dates and locations will help in your family genealogy search.